Will I be able to pay by my card at all online retail outlets?
Yes. The card be used for paying if the merchant accepts this type of cards and has not set any special restrictions. Exception - the Cash Deposit Machine Card which is only for depositing cash via cash-deposit ATMs.
We strongly encourage to carefully read the customer service and product delivery terms & conditions on the retailer's website.
What's ‘secure internet shopping'?
Secure internet shopping means double protection of your online purchases with repeated authentication provided by MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa solutions. The logos MasterCard SecureCode and/or Verified by VISA are visible in the online stores which have joined the programme. For further information, see here.
Where can I register my card for secure internet shopping?
You can register your card for secure internet shopping via Internet Banking in section "Secure internet shopping"
by clicking the button "Register".
If you wish to buy online, please note that both new and renewed cards require registration. Each card must be registered separately.
If you need further advice, please contact the bank by phone on 67 444 444.
How can I check whether the card is registered for secure internet shopping?
You can do that via Internet Banking in the "Secure internet shopping" section.
There is an icon next to the respective card's number. The green icon means that the card is registered for secure internet shopping. Red icon, in turn, indicates that the card is not registered.
To register your card for safe online shopping, click on the "Register" button.
What should I consider when shopping online?
- Carefully read the merchant's terms of payment and provision of services, paying attention to any special conditions and information on the types of cards accepted by the retailer.
- If your purchase is denied, we suggest checking information on the card and the account linked to it:
- card expiry date (shown on the card; the card is valid until the last day of the month shown);
- card's registration for secure internet shopping (this information is available on the Internet Banking site in section "
Secure internet shopping";
the respective card must have the note "Internet shopping enabled" next to).
- make sure that the account has sufficient funds in the card currency;
- check whether the card transaction limit has been exceeded (information about the limits set for the card can be accessed by enabling information about the card on "Our company cards" section of the Internet Banking site).
- check whether you entered the card validity date and CVV/CVC code correctly when making your purchase on the Internet.
- Additionally, we suggest checking the software of the device used, web browser program settings and cache memory.
What is the CVV/CVC code and where can I find it?
The CVV/CVC is a three-digit code visible on the reverse side of card next to the signature panel.
The CVV/CVC code is used for confirming card transactions on the web.